Since adi was 2 weeks old and doctor gave us go ahead for body massage its been daily routine for him to get massaged for good 20-30 minutes before bath in the morning and sometimes before bed time too. He is the baby who loves to get massaged and he thoroughly enjoys his massage time. Its mommas duty to massage him Monday to friday ( till momma is on maternity break) and dad takes over the duty for weekends. .
Importance of massage for babies:
🔸helps to build a strong positive parent child bond.
🔹Improves baby health and growth.
🔸Relaxes the body and helps baby sleep better.
🔹 Relief from colic pain, constipation and gas. .
🕑 When is the right time to start massage for new born:Doctors advise to wait for 2-3 weeks after birth before start massaging so that baby’s skin barrier is fully developed,umbilical cord is shed and naval is dried. .
🕐Best time for babies to have massage: 🔹Not to hungry not too full (45-60 minutes after eating)
🔸Baby is calm,awake and in joyful mood
🔹 30 mins before bath or before bed.
1. Comfortable room temperature as baby will be naked. I switch off the ac while massaging.
2. Safe place to lay down the baby
3. Quick dry sheet with cotton sheet or towel above it
4. Keep everything u need handy-Massage oil, wipes, diaper and after dress.
1. Firstly take permission from the baby and talk to him during whole process and keeping telling him about ur steps.
2. Rub the oil in between palms.
3. Then start massaging baby gently.
4. Order i follow- Legs,thighs,chest,tummy, hands, back,face and head. Repeat at the parts where baby enjoys. Adi loves to get his leg massaged again and again.I dont use oil on his face.
5. While massaging tummy do few massages which gives relief from colic (clockwise moving finger, I luv u massage etc)
6. Sometimes baby start fussing during the massage that is the cue to stop the massage. Reasons for fussiness are-tired,hungry,sleepy,bored.
#indianbabymassage #postmassagelook #indianbaby #indiandiaries #babymassage #indianmassage #tummytime #bathtime