Here are 8 Benefits for Kids Who Play Soccer:
1. Health Benefits. Soccer is a physically demanding game that provides an opportunity for players to improve their speed, agility, strength, hand-eye coordination and overall cardiovascular endurance.
2. Camaraderie. This camaraderie is a lifelong benefit for children, as they will quickly appreciate the importance of developing close relationships with others.
3. Discipline. Soccer is a game of inches, and this margin of error requires a keen attention to detail from everyone on the field. Kids who play soccer will learn the importance of being disciplined with everything they do.
4. Work Ethic. The strong work ethic soccer players develop is a vital asset they can carry with them for the rest of their lives.
5. Teamwork. Soccer is truly a team game. With 11 players on each side of the ball, everyone is counted on to play their individual role. This teamwork helps children become accustomed to working with others, a skill that is required in almost every profession.
6. Physical Toughness. The risk of injury is greater than most other sports, and bumps and bruises are nearly inevitable. Players learn how to fight through pain and give their best effort despite what limitations may be present.
7. Mental Toughness. Whether it's battling through a minor injury or overcoming adversity after a turnover or a mistake, children often develop mental toughness they may have discovered otherwise.
8. Cross-Training. Some kids have already identified their favorite sport, and may want to pursue it at a higher level in the future. For these children, playing soccer can become a great cross-training activity in the offseason. Several skills developed on the soccer field, such as cognitive function, agility and vision, can translate to other sports.
#soccer #soccerskills #soccercleats #soccergame #soccerball #soccertime #soccerteam #soccerdrills #youngathletes #soccer⚽️ #coach #newsouthwales #soccer_nation #soccerteam #soccerfield #soccerlife #soccergoals #soccerlove #soccerpractice #soccerislife #soccerworld #soccerfans #soccercoach #soccertraining #sport #sports #training #soccermatch #australia #football