I’m a #debtfreecommunity newbie, so time for #fridayintroductions 👋 I’m Jan, a small town gal from northern New England, easing into my sixth decade. I should be dreaming of becoming a snowbird and heading south for the winter so we can spend our ‘retirement’ years playing in the sun ... but ... WHOA 😲 hold up. I had a light bulb over the head moment a few months ago and realized, we DON’T HAVE MONEY SAVED FOR RETIREMENT 😩
So, my choices were: cry, bury my head in the sand, fall into a deep depression, rob a bank...or get off my duff and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! 😎
Here I am, 60 and #gazelleintense pushing my way through #daveramseybabysteps 1 ✔️ and 3 ✔️ and pounding down #babystep2 . So we are a little out of step #sorrydave but we are working it to the best of our ability!
Five fascinating things about me 😂
1. I’ve known my husband for 45 years, been married for 37 years. Sometimes we act like we are still in high school and look around us and think people our age seem really old.
2. My parents sent me to France for a month when I was 14 as an exchange student. I could barely let my own two kids out of my sight until they were adults 🤣
3. I hate to fly. But after my dad died, I decided I needed to check some things off my bucket list, so I took my daughter to Paris and we did a #vikingrivercruise to Prague. A huge hit to our non existent savings, but an absolutely fabulous, once in a lifetime experience that we will never forget.
4. In a grandmother x 1. As the saying goes, if I knew how much fun grandchildren were,I would have had them first 😆
5. I love onions. I eat an onion a day.