Stu's MCU reviews 15/20: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2
1. Favourite character: Gamora
2. Favourite underrated/secondary character: all the other Guardians
3. Favourite scene: does anything beat seeing Baby Groot dancing to ELO's Mr. Blue Sky?
4. Most badass/epic scene: the Guardians fighting the Sovereign and THEN Ego (who was a frickin planet)
5. Funniest scene: like the first one there are SO many, but Yondu's 'I'm Mary Poppins y'all' is up there for me, also (again) Drax in general
6. Saddest scene: joint winners: Yondu's death and funeral (obviously) and Nebula opening up to Gamora about the pain Thanos inflicted on her as a child
7. Most empowering moment: honestly, Mantis (a repressed slave) finding the power to make the raging Ego (a planet) go to sleep makes me say 'fuck yes!' So, I'm going to go with that
8. Best Guardians moment: fighting the creature at the beginning of the film, as they don't fight as a whole much against Ego or the Sovereign
9. Stan Lee cameo rating: 9.5/10, we get 2, brief but funny and that second one is heartbreaking (RIP Stan)
BONUS GotG category: Best song. Although ELO's Mr. Blue Sky and Baby Groot dancing to it is great, I have to go with Fleetwood Mac's The Chain for a few reasons: one, I love Fleetwood Mac, and two, knowing what The Chain means to Fleetwood Mac and having that applied to the Guardians in this film is so appropriate
10. Overall thoughts: yeah, I'm not going to have enough room here so check the comments below for my overall thoughts and final scoring.
#starlord #gamora #rocketraccoon #groot #babygroot #drax #mantis #yondu #nebula #guardiansofthegalaxy #avengersendgame #mcu #marvel #review #nerd