Just when you think you have it all figured out life throws you a curve ball and you have to roll with the punches..and oh man do I feel beat after this week🤕
Unfortunately there have been some obstacles that arose in my life that I cannot control and some big life changing decisions had to be made (stay tuned to find out what it is😬). I have never been more stressed, anxious, negative, emotional, than I have ever been. Sometimes life just gets hard and you don’t see the light at the end of the tunnel that everyone keeps telling you about!
Statistics show that 77% of people who experience stress leads to physical symptoms manifesting into chronic illness and disease. Being in such a negative mental state it was taking a tole on my physical body and I knew I needed to do something to fix it. If you’re relating to this post, feeling defeated and overwhelmed, here are some steps that have personally helped me get out of my funk:
1. GET ADJUSTED: stress causes misalignments and adaptation within the spine which puts pressure on your nervous system not allowing your body to FUNCTION and HEAL 🧠⚡️
2. Physical Activity: Get your body moving, release those “feel good” hormones and 💦sweat out that negativity that’s on repeat in your head. Getting out of bed and working out was the LAST thing I wanted to do but I kept reminding myself of the benefits.
3. Nutrition and Water: Especially In a state of stress your body needs FUEL🥑🥗 and HYDRATION💧. Stress causes inflammation in the body and without the right nutrients your body will start manifesting physical symptoms. (Shoutout to @superfoodshot for keeping me on track)
4. Support system: Sometimes you just need the people closest to you to tell you that everything is going to be okay.💕
5. Do something that makes you happy: Wether it’s a day at the beach, hanging out with friends or a glass of wine 😏🍷 DO IT
6. Change your mindset: Remind yourself that hard times are temporary and it only makes you stronger. 🙌🏽👊🏽