Bangalore Town Hall is a neoclassicalmunicipal building in Bangalore, India. The town hall is named after the philanthropistand former president of Bangalore city municipality, Sir K.P Puttanna Chetty.
The foundation stone for the building was laid by the then Maharaja of Mysore, Krishna Rajendra Wodeyar, on 6 March 1933. The building was completed on 11 September 1935. It was inaugurated by crown prince Kanteerava Narasimharaja Wadiyar. Built by Sir Mirza Ismail, the building features a flight of steps leading to the entrance porch resting on Tuscan columns with identical columns extending on either sides. Financial assistance was provided by Kanteerava Wodeyar.
Due to improper acoustics, a renovation was proposed estimated at Rs 1,000,000 in 1976. Postponements delayed renovations till March 1990, when the building was finally closed for renovation. The cost then was 6.5 million rupees.
The auditorium has two floors with a previous total capacity of 1,038 seats. The seating capacity has been reduced to 810 following the renovations.
#banglore #karnataka #karnatakaphotographershub #karnatakastreets #karnatakastreetphotography #nammakarnatakaphotographers #nammabengaluru #nammakarnatakaphotographershub #trellingbanglore #travelkarnataka
@namma.karnataka.photographers @karnataka.street.photography @karnataka.photographers.hub @trell.bengaluru @karnataka.street.clicks @travel_karnataka