Recipe by @mariasnaturalkitchen
Recipe no 8 is here and it is a classic! #MariasVeganChristmas
Hard to think of the festive season without #gingerbread men. Whilst not part of my culture necessarily (as I am Romanian), I’ve grown to love these little guys and generally speaking, gingerbread #flavour is one of my favourites!
Here’s a #vegan recipe for making a batch yourself!
* 300 g plain flour
* 150 g light brown sugar
* 1 tsp Mixed spice
* 1 1/2 tsp Ground ginger
* 1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
* 60 ml Golden syrup
* 1 tbsp Black treacle/molasses
* 140 g Dairy free butter/margarine
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180C and line your baking trays with baking paper
2. Put the flour, light brown sugar, bicarbonate of soda, ground ginger and mixed spice into a large mixing bowl and stir them together
3. In a small pan on the lowest heat, melt the dairy free spread with the golden syrup and treacle/molasses
4. Pour the syrup mixture into the flour mixture and combine with a wooden spoon until a dough forms. Bring it together more with your hands if needed
5. Wrap it in cling film and chill it in the fridge for 1 hour
6. Flour your pastry mat or work surface well, and flour your rolling pin. Roll the dough out and use a cookie cutter to cut out shapes
7. Lay the cut out dough pieces onto your lined baking tray(s). Keep re-rolling the dough until it is all used
8. Bake them for 8-10 minutes, leave them on the trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
9. Decorate with icing as you please!
HAVE AN AMAZING WEEKEND!🎄🎄🎄
#happy #cookiesofinstagram #foodie #cookie #foodphotography #desserts #picoftheday #treats #yum #biscuits #gifts #winter #edibles #vegan #family #cookiedecorating #art #instacookies #christmas #baking #cake #delicious #bakery #homemade #christmascookies #sugarcookies