👋🏻 Hi friends! It’s been a while since I’ve done a proper introduction around here, so I thought today would be a fun day to say hi and share a few random things about myself.
1. My husband and I are board game enthusiasts and have a somewhat embarrassingly large collection of games. Our favorites include Lords of Vegas, Viticulture, and Dead of Winter.
2. My older son turns five years old next week, and my sweet baby will be five months old a few days later. We were nervous about the larger age gap but it has been the best decision ever.
3. I have a master’s degree in autism & other developmental disabilities and I taught special education for six years before blogging full time. Teaching will always have my heart and while I wouldn’t trade this blogging gig for the world, I sometimes miss the chaos and excitement that came with my job.
4. I started this whole blogging journey way back in 2010 when I was planning our wedding. I blogged for @weddingbee for a few years before starting Love & Renovations and it makes my heart so happy when people message me to say they’ve followed me since my Bee days!
5. Creativity is in my blood - my dad has always loved woodworking as a hobby and when Corey comes in from the shop smelling like sawdust I always tell him he smells just like my dad! My dad is incredibly talented and loves to build furniture and even instruments.
I’d love to hear a few random facts about you too!
PS: Tomorrow is the last day you can get 20% off your order at Ampersand Supply using the code “launchweek” (it’s where my cute shirt in this photo is from! 🙌🏻). The link to the shop is in my profile!