Experiment with a Lime e-scooter today instead of normal walking route, I took a shared path along Brisbane River. My impressions:
- very expensive $3.70 for 10 mins when compared to city-cycle bikeshare ($2 per day and free for first 1/2 hour).
- ride quality affected by pathway construction...concrete cuts beginning to be raised.
-waiting at traffic lights adds to costs, not being fully set up (e.g. helmet on) before unlocking adds to costs.
- very unsure about where to ride when Street environment becomes complex
-interaction with cyclists...cyclists do not seem to know what to do when confronted with e-scooter...for example, passing.
- very fun and fast on uninterrupted smooth surface.
- easy to ride, great acceleration, braking.
- digital user experience is quick and seamless.
#transport #limescooter #brisbane