Lentil Bolognese by @nourishingalex 😋 A very tasty recipe to try out! .
• 1/2 onion, finely diced
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 medium carrot, finely diced
• 3-4 mushrooms, finely diced
• 1 tbsp tomato purée • 1 tbsp sundried tomato paste
• 1 tsp dried basil • 1 tsp dried oregano • 400g can chopped tomatoes
• 340g can lentils, drained & rinsed
• salt & pepper, to taste
• a sprinkle of nutritional yeast
1. Sauté the onion, garlic & carrot in a saucepan with a little water/oil. Cook on a medium heat for 5-8 mins until everything is soft.
2. Add in the mushrooms and further cook for 3 mins until the mushrooms are soft.
3. Stir in the sundried tomato paste & tomato purée, then add in the dried herbs. Stir well until fragrant.
4. Pour in the chopped tomatoes & lentils, then add just a little water to loosen it all up a bit. Bring to the boil, then once it starts to bubble, turn the heat down to medium-low to simmer for 15-20 mins until the sauce has reduced. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle in a little nutritional yeast.
5. Serve with pasta and sprinkle with more nooch! Enjoy!!