HOW TO COPE
Here are some tips on how to cope with anything- from ed thoughts, exercise urges, anxiety, stress, exams, etc. Which I have lived by recently and they have helped me more than anything.
1. MUSIC - the no.1 distraction. Spend time making yourself a playlist with all your favourite songs or listen to pre made playlists. Put earphones in if you are anxious etc, because the music can override the thoughts so they are blocked out, and they eventually go. If they are still there, make yourself focus on the words by learning them, singing or anything to get the thoughts out. Music improves mood too. I listen to music that reminds me of happy times, like Disney, holidays and being with friends❤️ 2. Refresh - take a day off, have a long shower/bath, do lots of skincare/nails, change your bed sheets and clean your room. Being clean and tidy makes me feel so much better.
3. Films- I’ve re watched the inbetweeners and grownups about a million times. It makes me laugh and relax, and helps to distract me from all the thoughts and anxiety. Find that film you love and watch it as much as you can, or start a new series (dm me for recommendations;)) also funny YouTube videos are essential. But stay away from “healthy what I eat in a day” stuff because no one needs that.
4. People- surround yourself with people. call a friend, play with your sibling, talk to your mum or nan, go to a party, play with your pet, go for a coffee with friends. literally anything sociable helps me so much.
5. Know your goal- have motivations. There are always so many reasons to fight. Some of mine are: my period, for a better figure (boobs and bum lol), to be happier, to eat what I want, exams and uni, travelling, friends, family and so many more. People love you and you need to find motivations. Make a mood board of them. fill it with pictures, quotes and colour and look at it every time you need.
6. Look after yourself- no matter what you are dealing with, your health comes first. And that includes your mental health. Find something you love and do it as much as you can because that’s the best way to cope with hard things. Or have a fat cry first 😂🥴❤️❤️❤️❤️