There are many ways to skin the cat (pardon the very unvegainz pun and please don’t harm any kitties) to getting in shape. However - Maintaining some sort of physical shape all year round is about being consistent in your actions and lifestyle choices, rather than up and downs, peaks and valleys consistency is . With every behaviour that feeds you, and gives back to you.
Here are a few things I do yearly to try to maintain shape, health and well-being:
1. I train 5 days per week, 2 Rest days.
When training for raw strength during powerlifting phases I’ll cut back to 4 times per week.
2. Training Consists of Hypertrophy Training, Powerlifting, short HIIT conditioning sessions, and body weight. I also go through cycles of putting in yoga to balance the structure 🧘♂️. 4. I eat plantbased whole foods all day Erry’day. Centring my meals around quinoa, whole grains, and potatoes.
5. Foods I eat every day without fail 🧐 Kale, Chinese greens, cruciferous veggies, lentils / beans, berries, rice / quinoa porridge, green tea. 5. I only get boozy a couple of times per year I don’t drink a lot of alcohol unless it’s a special occasion. (Thinking about it - Wouldn’t you wanna remember your special occasions🧐🧐🧐). I just never been a big drinker. I get more satisfaction bending a bar, rather than drinking one . 6. I prep my own meals mainly having a source of carbs, protein and fats. But everything from whole sources except of the treaty occasions.
7. I usually eat around 3-4 meals per day with snacks in between.
8. I eat out about 1-2 times a week.
9. I try to get at least 30 minutes sunlight per day. Which ain’t always possible living in Melbourne.
10. I start every morning with a 10 minute meditation, 4 minute cold shower, a green tea and breakfast, a list of things I need to complete in the day
11. I have a 20 rule around reading books, it’s either 20 minutes or 20 pages (depending upon time constraints). Generally on the topics that can help me.
12. I always try to get a good nights sleep (8 hours). 13. I walk my Boys Chief and Bean 3 times per day.
13. I keep doing these practices from January - December.