|Instant Pot Broccoli Cheese Soup| Have I mentioned how much I love our new instant pot?! First time making soup in it tonight and I’m now even more in love! Broccoli Cheese soup coming at ya!
* 1 cup chopped yellow onion
* 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
* 2 tsp of minced garlic
* 1 tsp of salt
* 1 tsp of pepper
* 4 cups finely chopped broccoli
* 1 cup grated or chopped carrots
* 4 cups fat free vegetable broth
* 1/4 cup corn starch
* 1/4 cold water
* 2 cups fat free half & half
* 8 oz sharp cheddar cheese (I used full fat, but you can substitute for reduced fat/fat free cheese and it lowers the points to 4 sp per serving)
* On Saute setting, melt unsalted butter and onions, until onions are soft
* Add in minced garlic for 30 seconds
* Add in vegetable broth, broccoli, carrots, salt and pepper
* Change to Pressure cook on High, cook for 2 minutes, then quick release
* In separate bowl, Mix corn starch and cold water until combined.
* Change back to sauté setting, slowly mix in corn starch & water, continuously stirring until boiling and it has thickened
* Turn off instant pot, and slowly whisk in half and half
* Add in shredded cheese 1/2 cup at a time until melted.
* Can add more salt and pepper to taste. I also add a dash of paprika!
Recipe makes TEN- 1 cup servings at 6 sp each. If you use reduced fat shredded cheese, it makes it 4 sp per serving. Also start to finish- this took 20 mins. Including chopping prep time!
____________________ •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• #WWAmbassador #WWBride #SweatingfortheWedding #weightwatchers #WWFreestyle #ww #healthyrecipes #wwsupport #wwsisterhood #smartpoints #healthyliving #100lbsdown #losingweight #healthy #realfood #healthyliving #heresmyfood #buzzfeast #cleaneating #weightloss #wellness #weightlossjourney #fitness #instantpot #soup #BFHealth #instantpotrecipes #snacks #LosingLBSfortheKiddeys