Happy #selfcaresunday & happy #Earthday
I have been trying to gradually (& as much as I can) move towards #zerowaste & more sustainable living. And while I cannot affect and change everything, it's amazing how a few simple lifestyle adjustments can minimize so much waste and help in going #plasticfree . Here are a few changes that I have made-
1) Sustainable menstruation - switching to cups + cloth pads can help in reducing those huge quantities of plastic non-biodegradable sanitary pads waste. If you are still wary of cups, try Saathi pads or Anandi pads , they are made of banana fibre & decompose naturally in 6 months
2) I always keep those foldable-into-a-tiny-rose cloth bags in my Activa or sometimes in my pocket. So even if I have to make an impromptu shopping trip, I don't need to ask for polythene or paper bags
3) Copper bottles for water and steel dabba for food. Always carry my bottle. Oh and bamboo toothbrush.
4) Composting the kitchen waste. Also, the vegetable peels,etc (the suitable ones) go to Gaushala for cows
5) I buy only what I need to. And if I know I don't want to use something anymore, I either give it away or recycling in some other manner.
6) Remember my kindergarten lessons and dump waste only in a dumpster. It is really cool! Nd if there's no dustbin? Keep it with me until I come across one. Yes, it's still really cool
I would love if you share a few ways you minimize your waste! We can all learn something new, right?