My illness is part of my identity💚. You see me fighting everyday. It has defined me as a person. I am stronger for it. I care more. I let myself feel more. My illness defines the choices I make everyday.
• I make time to workout so I can keep my heart as long as possible because I have a family who loves me.
• I make time to refill my medications and schedule doctor’s appointments so my body doesn’t reject my transplanted heart.
• I get a flu shot so I don’t end up in the hospital.
• If someone comes to work while ill, I avoid them or go home.
• I try hard to ensure my son and husband don’t get ill as I can’t be around them when they are 😢
• I can’t injure myself badly as it takes me longer to heal.
Embrace your life and your challenges, insecurities and illnesses. I want my example to put a smile on your face and to inspire you. I stand strong alongside you everyday. My illness doesn’t consume me. I advocate health and life. Be good to yourself 💚💕.
Kelowna, British Columbia