I get so many messages about recipes of what I eat so #JayalliCooksKeto is in full effect! Kickin’ off my new series of Keto recipes with current fav created by my BFF! •
Madi's Zoodle Spaghetti
(It's all about the sauce)
Zoodles- I'm a cheater. I bought pre-spirailized zoodles from publix. I bought 2 containers.. needed a lot more lol
* 1 1/2 lbs of lean ground beef
* 1 onion chopped
* 1 bell pepper chopped * 1 packet of spaghetti seasoning (it's where the meatloaf packets are)
* 1 "big" jar of Rago w/ garlic & shrooms
* 3 tablespoons of butter * 1 clove of minced garlic (1 tsp)
To prepare seasoning mixture...
1. Add 1 1/2 cups of HOT water in a bowl with seasoning packet.
2. Mix thoroughly.
3. Add 1 cup of Rago to mixture and stir thoroughly.
4. Let sit until ready to add to meat sauce.
To cook meat sauce...
- This process takes hours if you want it to taste right.. I never put the heat past 4 on the stove
1. Put ground beef in medium pot
2. When grease starts to form, throw in diced chopped onion with meat
3. After a few minutes, throw in bell pepper
4. After beef is completely cooked, drain grease. Return meat WITH ONION AND BELL PEPPER back into pot.
5. Turn heat down to 2 and pour in the seasoning mixture. Let it slowly cook into the meat for about 30 minutes, you'll thank me later.
6. Add Rago and turn the heat on low. Let this simmer for 45 min- hour (yes, that's a long time, you'll thank me later), stirring occasionally.
7. Coat the top with salt and pepper, mix in with sauce, let sit for about 10 more minutes.
8. Boom- heaven.
To cook zoodles...
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil, dump in zoodles and cook for 2 MINUTES. DRAIN AND RINSE WITH COLD WATER TO STOP COOKING.
2. Dump zoodles in the strainer, rinse thoroughly, and let them sit in strainer for 30-45 min, stirring them occasionally to get as much water out as possible (no one wants soggy spaghetti). 3. In a medium skillet, melt 3 tablespoons of butter.
4. Add 1 tsp (1 clove) of minced garlic and zoodles into pan.
5. Cook them until there is not a lot of "juice" in the pan.
6. Add meatsauce.. dinner is served