A beautiful daguerreotype of Murphy’s Camp mining town in 1853 by Isaac Wallace Baker. Claims in the area were limited to 8 sq/ft but the Murphy brothers still managed to strike it rich and become prosperous merchants. The town itself was destroyed three times by fires, in 1859, 1874, and 1893. After the second fire very little gold remained and the once booming town was never rebuilt to its previous status. The Murphys Hotel built in 1856 of stone with iron shutters survived all three fires and still caters to guest today.
Just finished up the crush for this year's brandy wine, and now time for fermentation! We are one of the few brandy makers fortunate enough to own and manage the production process from start to finish. We are the grape grower, the winemaker, the distiller and master blender.