I am in the middle of a week long road trip visiting 10 national park service sites in Oregon and Northern California. The highlight of the trip so far has been Crater Lake National Park, where I was able to spend a night in the iconic Crater Lake Lodge, with a view of lake from my room.
I was rather shocked at the amount of snow which is still on the ground. I expected some snow, but there are drifts over 15” high and most of the roads in the park are still closed due to snow.
In Lassen National Park, which I visited yesterday, there was even more snow and even more of the park was closed. I’m rather shocked to see so much show this late in May.
I’m writing this in Susanville, CA and from here I’m heading north to Portland. I’ll be visiting the following sites over the next few days:
- Lava Beds National Monument, CA
- Tule Lake National Monument, CA
- John Day Fossil Beds National Monument, OR
- Fort Vancouver National Historic Site, OR
- Lewis and Clark National Historical Park, OR
The sites I’ve visited on the trip up until now are:
- Oregon Caves National Monument, OR
- Redwood National Park, CA
- Whiskeytown National Recreation Area, CA
- Crater Lake National Park, OR
- Lassen National Park, CA
I really love going on these national park road trips. I’m almost halfway to visiting all 419 National Park Service sites in the US, and need just a few more to have visited all 61 National Parks proper.
#everythingeverywhere #NSP #Findyourpark #craterlake