I'm finally wrapping up the series, 'How to turn your life around.' Short answer? Keep going. 😊🤗 The final lesson in this series is about persistence. No goal can be met without persistence. Knowing that has changed my entire outlook.
A few days ago when I was thinking about changing things around me, I thought: “Life is not complicated. All you have to do is keep going!” Hope this last post in the series helps you as much as it has helped me ❤️ 📷: @buraktheweekender
Hey guys! 😄🤗 I don't know if you guys have noticed, but I've been writing a series in the last few months about 'how to turn your life around'. I started this series when I was sick of falling down and felt everything in my life was out of control. What upset me the most was that I knew my reaction to things would shape me more than the circumstances would. But even knowing that wasn't enough for me to react positively. So I decided I had to turn things around, actually turn my life around. I decided this in February this year and posted my first post on 26 February. My intention was to take eight weeks to "turn my life around" and blog about it. I made it my mission to try the principles I was writing about and apply it to my own life. If you have been following me, you already know how slow my progress has been. I have fallen not just out of the habit of blogging, but out of the driver's seat of my life...multiple times. And I’ve had countless conversations with some of my close friends and family who have been there too. So if you are feeling the same, I want to encourage you to keep going. Cause as I have realised in the past few months, “turning your life around” is not a once in a lifetime event. It's an ongoing process and there is no real "end" to it. Read my series if it helps, or write your own. But don't lose hope and don't believe the lies you tell yourself that you cannot do it. Pick yourself up and keep going. Infinite hugs and kisses, Lorraine 🌹
Had a tough week? Nothing like a pick-me-up weekend to get you back on track! 😄
Here is a list of some fun stuff you can try 👇
1. Read a book in a park 2. Make a bucket list 3. Go out for a walk 4. Take a long relaxing bath 5. Talk to someone you've been missing 6. Meet your best friend for lunch 7. Exercise 8. Visit the animal shelter 9. Cook your favourite meal 10. Listen to your favourite songs from your childhood 11. Watch a feel-good movie 12. Sleep in! 13. Say no to obligations 14. Give a genuine compliment to someone 15. Have a guilt-free hour (or more) of doing nothing 16. Buy some fresh flowers 17. Doodle for fun. You don't have to be Picasso to enjoy it 18. Write three awesome things that happened this week 19. Stretch 20. Journal
Hey guys!🌹 Thought I'd put up something more lighthearted today. 🙈 Here is a cute tag I found on Pinterest. Here are my answers to 20 random questions. Feel free to answer them yourselves in the comments! I'd love to know 👀
1. My age? 27
2. Favourite movie? Midnight in Paris.
3. Favourite subject? In school it was Geography. In University it was Creative Writing.
4. Celebrity crush? Matthew McConaughey 😍
5. My Height? 157 cm
6. iPhone vs Samsung? Google Pixel.
7. Top 3-5 Singers or Bands? Damien Rice, Eric Clapton, The Paper Kites, Linkin Park, The Black Keys.