Crispy Coconut Tofu Tenders by @thevegansara 🧡 A bowl full of delicious finger food! Get the recipe:
What you need: 1 block of extra firm tofu, 1/2 cup sweet chili sauce, 2 1/2 tbl tamari, 2 tsp lime juice, 1/2 cup whole wheat flour, 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp black pepper, 1 cup coconut milk, 1 1/2 cups panko, 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut shreds, 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika, 1 tsp garlic
1. Slice tofu block in half, take each half & slice in 4 slabs, slice each slab in half (16 pieces) wrap, place in freezer safe container, freeze overnight. (When you Freeze/thaw tofu, the tofu texture becomes “meaty”)
2. The tofu will be yellow. No worries. Thaw to room temp, then press each slab with a kitchen towel to get out water
3. Make marinade by whisking together chili sauce, tamari, & lime juice.
4. Take half the marinade, and marinate tofu pieces at least 1/2 hr
5. While tenders are marinating, set up 3 stations for breading. One bowl with flour/salt/pepper, second bowl with coconut milk/1 tbl marinade,last bowl with Panko/ coconut/paprika/garlic. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper misted with oil
6. Take tofu toss into flour bowl getting all areas, dip into milk bowl shaking off excess, then into Panko bowl making sure it is completely covered, place on baking sheet. Repeat.
7. Bake at 375 F for 30 min flipping half way.
8. I served my tofu tenders topped with the remaining marinade.
Hungry for new plant-based recipes to try at home? Hit the link in our bio to sign up to our weekly newsletter, and we'll send 7 of our top recipes to your inbox each Monday!
#whatveganseat #plantbased #veganfood #veganfoodshare #healthy #plantbasedfood #veganrecipes #vegansofig #veganbowls #veganrecipe