This race was my first marathon on April 2016.(the second year since I started running)
I remembered that I signed up for it three days before without training at all.
I was scared to run my first marathon without having run more 13 miles in my entire life.So my goal that day was just to finish it!
The 60% of this race is a trail and the other 40%is street but there are up and downhills so I started very slow and I finished sub 4 hours with a time of 3:56:57.
That day I was so happy because I could not think I could finish a marathon without any kind of training, but I did it!
One month ago I decided to do this race,again.
This morning when I woke up it was raining a lot and my first thought went immediately to the course of the race.When I arrived the rain stopped but there was a lot of mud in the trail
Anyway I decided to run again this race starting with my marathon pace but around mile 8 I slipped the first time in the mud..Then I stand up and I kept running again, but after one mile I slipped again and I hurt my knee ♀️♀️. When I was in the street I tried to keep a decent pace even if I had all the wind against.♀️
I slow down my pace when I was back in the trail again.Anyway I ended first overall female with a time of 3:43, absolutely far to my PR but considering the conditions I could not do better.
See you the next marathon..no more trails for me!♀️ P.S a huge thanks to @anthony.mireles2 to support me and congratulations for your 7” PR Race!You are #1 “To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.”SP